Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Block 4 - Year of Scrappy Triangles


It's week 4! This block is an interesting mix of triangles and strips. It makes a fun change from the usual symmetrical blocks.


Because it is unsymmetrical, it looks extra scrappy and there are lots of fun fabric options.





I have loved seeing all of the blocks you have been making on Instagram. Be sure to tag your photos with #yearofscrappytriangles. Check out everyone's blocks here: #yearofscrappytriangles and follow me @sewnbyleila

* * * * *

Question: Would anyone prefer to post pictures of their blocks on Facebook? If there is interest, I can start a group.

* * * * *

How can you be sure not to miss a pattern?
  1. You can also sign up for my newsletter (on the sidebar). I will send out a newsletter every month with links to the foundation patterns and other news. (And an occasional Bonus Block pattern!)
  2. Follow me on Instagram @sewnbyleila. I will post pictures of each new scrappy triangle and provide a link to the pattern in my bio. 
  3. Invite a friend to piece along with you this year. You can keep each other on track!

7 comments:

  1. I seem to have missed number three...where can I retrieve it?
    Thanks
    Having much fun!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here you go! https://sewnbyleila.blogspot.com/2017/10/block-3-year-of-scrappy-triangles.html

      If you shorten the url to sewnbyleila.blogspot.com, you can scroll through all the posts and find any you might have missed.

      Delete
  2. These look awesome! Just wanted to let you know, I can't see a sidebar when I view on my phone (so unable to sign up for newsletter). Sometimes it's helpful to hear those things. I'm going to go log in on my computer so I can sign up now! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice start, and how exciting to have your article accepted (excepted means something quite different) by Modern Patchwork. I love the scrappy triangles--brilliant!
    I want to link from the newsletter to your blog--how do I do that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes a facebook group would be great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there sa way to print this in mirror image?

    ReplyDelete